Hunter Bell’s Capsule Collection
Photo: Courtesy of Saks Fifth Avenue
TRUNKSHOW ENDS ON SEPTEMBER 20 AT 11PM EDT
TRUNKSHOW ENDS ON SEPTEMBER 19 AT 11PM EDT
TRUNKSHOW ENDS ON SEPTEMBER 19 AT 11PM EDT
Credit: Moda Operandi (Special Invitation)
Following a brief hiatus, it was heartwarming to check the Fashionwidget inbox and find questions, feedback and best wishes pouring in from our readers. Thank you. Over the course of the next few weeks, I have decided to blog about the most popular topics requested by you, our loyal readers.
Today’s topic: Stylish back to school essentials.
1. A classic t-shirt (long sleeves will help a smooth transition into Fall/Autumn in style)
2. Straight Leg Jeans. Nothing against “skinny jeans” but let’s face it, they have been trending for the past six to eight seasons (tick-tock) and they do not exactly look flattering on everybody. If you’re feeling the need to give in to the current neon skinny denim trend, you’ll stand out more if you opt for neon accessories instead. Invest in a pair of stretchy straight leg jeans, they look great with sneakers, boots or heels and be sure to pick one in a dark colour for that extra slimming benefit. √+
3. A nice comfortable bra. You do have to splurge if you are looking for comfort, support and quite frankly, seamless wonders. The Super Soft Contour Bra from Fine Lines boasts memory foam concealed wire that surround for no digging or pinching, finely brushed fabric and 3D hemmed cups for ultimate comfort and no ridge on the neckline and luxurious suede fabric with plush mould and memory foam wire surround for ultimate comfort, available at Lord and Taylor.
4. A comfortable light-weight jacket. Again, you should be thinking about the change of seasons as the summer of 2012 comes to a close. You want to pick a jacket that is functional, stylish and blends well with the rest of your wardrobe.
6. A durable book bag. I prefer backpacks (High School or University) books are heavy so you want to make sure you’re ready to carry them in style and comfort. Obviously, a lot has changed since my school days but I’m still a backpacker when I travel so I know there are some pretty amazing advanced styles out there.
7. Footwear. Socks, Shoes, Stockings…all foot candy you are going to need as the temperature drops. Shop around, choose what works for you, again these are merely Fashionwidget’s educated consumer suggestions.
8. A fancy umbrella. To protect your from the Autumn rains, occasional sleet and winds of course.
9. Tech. Accessories. You’ve gone completely wireless in this completely digital age, now protect your investments while you show them off in style.
10. Fashion accessories. Neon colours are in right now and for those who would rather indulge on a modest level, make your fashion statement(s) with your accessories instead.
Photo Credit: Polyvore
August is here and it’s that time of the year where everywhere you look, there is a ‘BACK TO SCHOOL’ sign or banner advertising a sale or special deals. The best part? You don’t even have to be a student or parent of one to take advantage of the amazing savings not to be confused with the upcoming ‘END OF SUMMER’ sale events which as you will see when that time comes, most of the best items have already been snatched up by the ‘BACK TO SCHOOL’ crowd. Don’t miss out, here is a shortlist of fashion related items and shops offering some of the most competitive bargains:
1. HANGBAGS, BACKPACKS & POCKETBOOKS: Stores like Macy’s and Kohl’s in the US have marked down prices on brands that include but are not limited to Nautica, Sonoma and Gianni Bernini as part of their fashion clearance sales (subject to availability, sales are void where prohibited) visit their respective websites or stores for complete details.
2. CLOTHING: With most stores marking down summer items to make way for Fall/Autumn wear, August is the best time to stock up on discounted brightly coloured clothing and accessories like mini skirts, sun dresses and scarves at a fraction of their actual price.
3. SHOES: The same goes for these as it does for clothing, all summer-themed footwear will be discounted starting this month to make way for items for the upcoming season. As I live in a big city, I recently visited a Payless shop where I couldn’t find what I was looking for but was given the option to shop online and have my shoes shipped to a branch that is closest to me for free which is great since it is in my experience that there’s more of a variety in online shopping anyway. Again, subject to availability, void where prohibited. Visit payless.com for complete details.
4. UNDERWEAR: The most brightly coloured, the most savings. Light-hued and ultra skimpy material is making way for the solid and more subdued under things. You will find sales at 30-50% off at most stores with some clearance racks offering up to 75% off in savings.
5. SWIMWEAR: End of season sales will save you up to 50% off on pricey swimsuits, bikinis etc.
Photo Credit: IN