Haven’t seen her in a while, looking great Celine.
The Black Swan inspired dress and the green one look the best.
That was my response when I was doing my daily fashion blog and website browsing yesterday, and I came across The Chanel Iman Look Book on The Cut, New York Magazine’s (newly renovated and glamorous) fashion site. I was so excited that they took the time to put together this incredible look book capturing her amazing style with 70+ photos. I do believe that Chanel Iman’s natural beauty and great physique attribute to her pulling off almost anything. There’s no shade being thrown here though, the girl has got it going on.
The Met Gala 2012
CFDA Fashion Awards 2011
At amFAR Milano 2011
Lincoln Center, NYFW 2011
Met Gala 2009
All images via The Cut. To see the rest of the pictures, click here.
Following a brief hiatus, it was heartwarming to check the Fashionwidget inbox and find questions, feedback and best wishes pouring in from our readers. Thank you. Over the course of the next few weeks, I have decided to blog about the most popular topics requested by you, our loyal readers.
Today’s topic: Stylish back to school essentials.
1. A classic t-shirt (long sleeves will help a smooth transition into Fall/Autumn in style)
2. Straight Leg Jeans. Nothing against “skinny jeans” but let’s face it, they have been trending for the past six to eight seasons (tick-tock) and they do not exactly look flattering on everybody. If you’re feeling the need to give in to the current neon skinny denim trend, you’ll stand out more if you opt for neon accessories instead. Invest in a pair of stretchy straight leg jeans, they look great with sneakers, boots or heels and be sure to pick one in a dark colour for that extra slimming benefit. √+
3. A nice comfortable bra. You do have to splurge if you are looking for comfort, support and quite frankly, seamless wonders. The Super Soft Contour Bra from Fine Lines boasts memory foam concealed wire that surround for no digging or pinching, finely brushed fabric and 3D hemmed cups for ultimate comfort and no ridge on the neckline and luxurious suede fabric with plush mould and memory foam wire surround for ultimate comfort, available at Lord and Taylor.
4. A comfortable light-weight jacket. Again, you should be thinking about the change of seasons as the summer of 2012 comes to a close. You want to pick a jacket that is functional, stylish and blends well with the rest of your wardrobe.
6. A durable book bag. I prefer backpacks (High School or University) books are heavy so you want to make sure you’re ready to carry them in style and comfort. Obviously, a lot has changed since my school days but I’m still a backpacker when I travel so I know there are some pretty amazing advanced styles out there.
7. Footwear. Socks, Shoes, Stockings…all foot candy you are going to need as the temperature drops. Shop around, choose what works for you, again these are merely Fashionwidget’s educated consumer suggestions.
8. A fancy umbrella. To protect your from the Autumn rains, occasional sleet and winds of course.
9. Tech. Accessories. You’ve gone completely wireless in this completely digital age, now protect your investments while you show them off in style.
10. Fashion accessories. Neon colours are in right now and for those who would rather indulge on a modest level, make your fashion statement(s) with your accessories instead.
Photo Credit: Polyvore